      1. Re: Prototypes, legend and lore
           From: "fivetwofive" <CBL302@xxxxxxx>
      2. DeLorean Car Show Registration
           From: kKoncelik@xxxxxxx
      3. Re: Prototypes, legend and lore
           From: "fivetwofive" <CBL302@xxxxxxx>
      4. RE: Re: Prototype Delorean photographs
           From: MichaelRPack1@xxxxxx
      5. Re: Re: Prototype (and other early Deloreans)
           From: Andrew Prentis <aprentis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Oil Drain Plug
           From: Tom Watkins <dmctom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. 3299 is going to Grady's
           From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes@xxxxxxxxx>
      8. Toby Tabs Rear Suspension
           From: "Mike" <mquinto@xxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: 3299 is going to Grady's
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. RE: Toby Tabs Rear Suspension
           From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: History of PRV
           From: rbrogren@xxxxxxx
     12. RE: Oil Drain Plug
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: Prototypes, legend and lore
           From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
     14. Registration
           From: kKoncelik@xxxxxxx
     15. Re: PRV oil distribution problems
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Toby Tabs Rear Suspension
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. DeLorean on Monster House
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 05:28:02 -0000
   From: "fivetwofive" <CBL302@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Prototypes, legend and lore

What stops the car manuf.from selling off those cars is Lialibity
lawsuits,That is the reason Ferrari has a huge Ferrari junkyard of
perfect(and very expensive)Ferrari's piled one on top of the
other.They will NOT even sell a shifter nob off any of those pre-
production cars.It is a combination of not wanting to put in the
hands of the general public a car that Might have  unengineered
problems,that could cause a major problem.and the FACT that those
cars are put into EXTREME testing,that could make those cars unsafe
for general public use,and if, one of those cars got into the general
public,and caused a major accident---well guess who would be involved
in a major ligitation/lawsuit.Mostly the courts would award a
judgement award and a major pumitive damage award,knowing,the the car
manufaucturing company released a "unsafe car".

Claude 00570

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxx>
wrote:
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bruce Benson" <delornut@xxxx>
wrote:

> While it may be against the rules, what's really to stop a
> manufacturer from just issuing a VIN plate to a pilot car? Since it
> really is up to the manufacturer to destroy a pilot car, it's
really
> more of an "honor system" kinda thing. Nevermind any "foolproof"
> system to prevent this from happening being in place. There just
> isn't a system at all as I understand it.
>
> Otherwise, is this an actual law from the DOT/NHTA/EPA That these
> vehicles MUST be destroyed, or is it just a mutal agreement that
> selling them to consumers is frowned upon?
>
> Besides, perhaps this was a great way for the company to reward
it's
> executives without having to deplete their inventory that was to
fill
> the high backorder of cars at the time?
>
> -Robert
> vin 6585 "X"