      1. Re: Transmissions (was upgrade paths)
           From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Re: idle problem solved and thanks
           From: "Tom" <tomcio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: DeLorean insurance
           From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Tire Rotation
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
      5. Failed emissions!!!
           From: "Adam 16683" <acprice1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. RE: transmission upgrades
           From: "Darryl Tinnerstet" <darryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: idle problem solved and thanks
           From: "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Another 915 Tranny update
           From: "at88mph" <at88mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Failed emissions!!!
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
     10. Re: Automatic Tranny
           From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
     11. Re: Failed emissions!!!
           From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:46:42 -0000
   From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Transmissions (was upgrade paths)

I don't know if it's an automotive thing or what, but yes, Higher
Gear Ratios have Lower (smaller) Numbers. My assumption is that it
has something do to with tranmission nomenclature - i.e. Low Gear is
a bigger gear ratio (number) than high gear. Although Low Gear is
also called First Gear and High Gear is called Fifth gear at least in
our case). . Now I'm confused!

In most magazine articles you read about such things, authors usually
make clever statements like "you should put in a lower (higher
numerical) ratio differential gear for quicker off-the line
acceleration".

Now that that is explained, do you really have a source for a lower
(higher numerical) ratio ring and pinion set that will fit this
transmission, in the reversed mode used in the DMC? (And yes, I
understand that the pinion gear is the entire countershaft too!).

Dave S.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx>
wrote:
> Um - if this is the case, then the term "high ratio" and "low
ratio" are
> different in automotive terms than mathematics, which I did rather
a lot
> of whilst doing my degree in electronics. To me a 2:1 ratio is
lower
> than a 3:1 ratio. But maybe the confusion arises whether it's 2:1
or 1:2 ???

> Martin

Message: 2