           From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. North Carolina Wrecked D For Sale
           From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Fan Fail Light
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Poor Running when cold, Please Help
           From: "dcsj4465" <dcsj@xxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Gullwing Magazine
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:21:08 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fixing brake switch in a pinch

Right on, perhaps I'll take my old one apart and clean it, test it, and
then keep it in the car just in case this happens again in another 20
years. :)

-Christian

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Martin Gutkowski wrote:

> The brakelight switch is quite simple and can be pulled apart and fixed
> quite easily. They tend to get stuck because the current for all 4 brake
> lights goes through the switch. A bit of cleaning and it'll work fine
> again. That said, a replacement switch is hardly expensive.
>
> Martin
>
> Christian Williams wrote:
>
> >I discovered last night that my brake lights weren't working. I'd had
this
> >happen before due to an inline fuse in the footwell blowing (I don't
know
> >why it was there, maybe the car previously had cruise control or
> >something). I checked the fuse and the one in the electrical
compartment
> >and they were both fine. The switch itself was dead.
> >
> >So luckily I have DMC Joe's courtesey light circut cutoff switch. The
> >wires are long enough that I could run it down to the brake switch
wiring
> >and control it with my right thumb while braking and downshifting.
Luckily
> >I'll have a replacement switch tomorrow.
> >
> >-Christian

> moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

www.dmcnews.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

Message: 2
   Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:16:19 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: North Carolina Wrecked D For Sale

On my way to Greenville, SC last month I met a gas station attendant that
told me
of a friend who was looking to sell his DeLorean. It has been sitting for
some
years and has some front end damage. Here is the contact info for anyone
interested:
Gerald Warren 693-5462 home 699-2322 cell (you'll need to find the area
code for
Henderson, NC).

Shannon Y
16506