      1. Idle Speed
           From: doctorDHD@xxxxxxx
      2. Re: Engine Compartment Light
           From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Engine Compartment Light
           From: Peter Lucas <lucas@xxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Engine Compartment Light
           From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud@xxxxxxxxx>
      5. RE: Engine Compartment Light
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Re: Engine Compartment Light
           From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxxxxxx>
      7. Almost there
           From: "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Second howto complete front speakers
           From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder@xxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Outside Parking
           From: Delorean17@xxxxxxx
     10. RE: Torque values and spark gaps
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. RE: Idle Speed
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. alternator/volt gauge/a short....whats the score here
           From: "TalksToGod" <5n-@xxxxxxx>
     13. RE: vacuum forming molds
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. RE: DMC found
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Re: Electrical Troubles
           From: Jan van de Wouw <jvdwouw@xxxxxxx>
     16. 1700 Mile DMC FOR SALE- Michigan
           From: Delorean17@xxxxxxx
     17. SEDOC   CRUISE  IN, GAINESVILLE  GA.
           From: "delor_01" <JOHN.JORDAN@xxxxxx>
     18. Storage
           From: Delorean17@xxxxxxx
     19. Re: Engine Compartment Light
           From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
     20. Re: Storage
           From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:40:32 EDT
   From: doctorDHD@xxxxxxx
Subject: Idle Speed

I had a small oil leak, that seemed to be coming from the right side valve
cover gasket so I cleaned off all the oil and tightened a few valve cover
gaskets.  The leak seemed worse but the valve cover gasket was dry.  The oil was
coming from a "hole" in the upper left hand side of the right timing chain cover.
 I quickly figured out that this "hole" was for bolt that I was missing ever
since I bought the car last October!  I put a bolt in, snugged it down and
viola, no more leak.  I drove the car and notice something very interesting.  It
now idled smoothly at the 750 rpm it was supposed to.  I was ecstatic.  So all
this stuff about the DeLorean PRV being so sensitive to any vacuum leaks was
true I said to myself.  When I got the car home the leak was fixed but while
the engine was running I touched the wires going to the idle speed motor and
all of a sudden the idle speed came back up to its previous state of rolling up
and down between 950 and 1200.  It idles fine with the idle speed motor
disconnected.  Is this a bad ECU?  What is the best way to trouble shoot this?

Dave & 6530

Message: 2