      1. Re: Erratic idle speed
           From: "d_rex_2002" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Erratic idle speed
           From: "twinenginedmc12" <twinenginedmc12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Transmission
           From: "William F. Lane" <blane@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: tuff transmission
           From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Windshield Replacement
           From: Mark Fearer <mfearer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Windshield Replacement
           From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: My Door light is always on
           From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: **tear ?1982 DMC for sale
           From: "Skipper Landry" <skipper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Braided cluth lines... and their loving replacement
           From: jwit6@xxxxxx
     10. Re: tuff transmission
           From: "basfe25" <drrub46@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Transmission debris
           From: "NJPIII" <NJPIII@xxxxxxx>
     12. RE: Windshield Replacement
           From: "IN2TIME" <Gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: Windshield Replacement
           From: "fivetwofive" <CBL302@xxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Windshield Replacement
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: My Door light is always on
           From: "janvdwouw" <jvdwouw@xxxxxxx>
     16. Air con Compressor
           From: Paul Salsbury <paul.salsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. floor mats
           From: "Marvin" <marv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 15:52:42 -0000
   From: "d_rex_2002" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Erratic idle speed

Richard,

If you have ruled out electrical, check out this other possibility.
I had similar symptoms that you described in your original posting
on one of my project cars a few years ago and after checking out all
electrical possibilities, I moved on to possible fuel delivery issues.

In this case, I had some incorrect fuel line "under the bonnet".
After replacing the fuel line with correct diameter, high pressure
fuel lines, the problem went away.  Even if this is not the cause of
this problem, you may want to replace all original rubber fuel lines.

Glad to see that these two project cars went to people who are willing
to spend the time, effort and money to get them back on the road, even
if it is "the other side of the pond".  I was close to making these
two project cars my next projects (last spring) but you beat me to it.

Keep up the good work.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Richard Johnstone <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi, thanks for all the responses
>
> 1) Although Idle is erratic, the engine _seems_ to run evenly -
could two of the wires
> still be swapped? I will be checking this anyay, but thought I'd
ask.
> 2) As soon as the idle speed microswitch is released, the engine
goes nuts and threatens
> to stall, so I don't think it's the switch.
> 3) Control pressure reg has been reconditioned by a reliable source.
> 4) Unlikely to be moisture as the car's been inside for over 9
months, and the whole
> enigne's been stripped :-)
>
> Richard

Message: 2