      1. Re: Heated Door Struts?
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. #1458 has problems...
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Sunstar Prototype
           From: Ack Man <particleman01@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: LIVE THE DREAM COMMERCIAL ON DVD?
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      5. Re: stacking DeLoreans (storage)
           From: Delorean17@xxxxxxx
      6. louvre paint
           From: "James LaLonde" <krfds@xxxxxxxxx>
      7. delorean difference s in year opinions
           From: "James LaLonde" <krfds@xxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re:  Roof kink
           From: RFLRKV@xxxxxx
      9. RE: door openers
           From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Heated Door Struts?
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
     11. Re: sunstar delorean customizing
           From: "dan g." <copper_trace@xxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Remote Starter / Fan Delay
           From: dmc12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     13. Door Trim Removal.
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 00:57:55 +0000
   From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Heated Door Struts?

Hi Christian,

When I got my car, all six struts were shot, so I got a set from PJ Grady. As you may be
aware, the original struts were  effectively just springs. The replacements from Rob (and
I believe every other service facility) have a "brake" in the last inch of travel meaning
that the door is slowed down. This means you can feel free to torque up the torsion bar
such that the door opens in cold weather, and not worry about it flying off its hinges in
the summer :-)

It was our first torsion bar experience (quite comical at the time), and my drivers' door
still doesn't go up properly, but the passenger door is perfect. Strangely, one notch on
the bar made the difference between a real half-assed attempt at opening, and a very
keen, rapid movement. It was about 5 degrees C that day.

Best Wishes

Martin

Christian Williams wrote:

> I was thinking the other day about door launchers and cold weather. Even
> here in California, the door launchers would only be effective during the
> warm months (unless you adjust your tortion bars with the changing
> seasons), and in the cold months, the doors would half-open.
>
> I know nothing about gas struts, but would it be possible to create either
> an internal or an external temp control for them? Either some sort of heat
> coil inside the strut or a heat pad sleve that you could slide around the
> outside of the strut?
>
> -Christian 3452

Message: 2