           From: "jamesrguk" <dmc12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Fuel Cell Question.
           From: "Andrei Cular" <acular1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 19:41:19 -0000
   From: "jamesrguk" <dmc12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:Fuel Cell Question.

Hi all,

I may be corrected here by one of the UK DeLorean buffs, but it is my
understanding that the European spec cars had metal fuel tanks with
the pump mounted on the top apparently for saftey reasons.

The car on this page has the european setup.

www.delorean.co.uk/pictures/dcp01652.jpg

Regards

James RG
England

> > Was the mounting of the fuel pump inside of the fuel tank to save
> > space, or was it a safety concern? In other words, if the pump
> > was mounted outside of the tank, is there a possibility that it
> > could be punctured, and the electrical connections exposed?

Message: 2