Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 11:32:42 -0600
From: "John T. Streckfuss" <jtspring@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: DML: Engine Bay Latch

       In this issue:
        _SUBJECTS_
yugoman wrote:

> I'll contribute another silly question! Opening the engine cover on
> is
> a two-person job- someone must be at the back to pull up on the latch
> while
> another pulls the handle inside the car. Is something wrong on my car,
or
> was this just a DMC oversight? Anybody know of a fix?
>
>  Send postings to "dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
>  Before posting, search the archives! www.dmcnews.com/search.html
>  Thank you!
Easy fix. Just remove the latch assy. and put a stronger spring in it
(hardware store) clean and lubricate it. That should do it.
Jay
 Postings to the DELOREAN MAILING LIST are the opinions of the author
 and not necessarily those of the list moderator or his Internet
 Service Provider(s). The list moderator makes every effort to screen
 out false, misleading, and negative postings, but it is up to you
 to realize that nothing should be taken as
 actual fact without research and investigation of your own.
 Send postings to "dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 11:44:52 -0600
From: "John T. Streckfuss" <jtspring@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: DML: Fan Removal

       In this issue:
        _SUBJECTS_
Richard Strecker wrote:

> In the process of getting the "D" out of hibernation I
> noticed that only one of the fans was working.  one of the
> fans is no longer attached to the motor shaft.  Looks like a
> simple job to get at them but so far I've taken apart most
> of the front end of the car & don't seem to be any closer to
> removing the fans than I was a day ago.
>
> What is the secret?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard

The fans... Tantalizingly close, yet so hard to remove and service.
Mocking you as you remove component after component, your fingers
cramping as you try to loosen the three fasteners holding each fan, only
to realize that even then, the housing that the fans are mounted to must
be removed to service the fans. Pain in the butt, that is the secret.

Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 15:32:52 PST
From: "egg" <delorean502@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: DML: DMC in Big Rapids, MI

       In this issue:
        _SUBJECTS_
a friend of mine told me about a "D" in Big Rapids, MI for sale, but he
didnt get the phone number.  I was wondering if the owner happens to be on
this list.

Erik

"You built a time machine...out of a DELOREAN?!"

Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 15:37:36 PST
From: "egg" <delorean502@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: DML: DMC Model

       In this issue:
        _SUBJECTS_
first off, i would like to publicly thank Lee for creating this fine piece
of art.  to anybody who had doubts about this model existing, it does
exist!
and its GREAT!!  definately worth the $120 i put out about a year ago!  so
lee, thank you very much.  you sold me my first delorean!

also, i have certificate # 54, but received car number #34.  the box AND
certicifate has my name on it, but different numbers as you may have
noticed.  if anybody out there has number #54, i'd just like to know who
has
it.

i think i recall something like this happening to the real deloreans,
something about people finding two different VIN numbers on parts of there
car :)  *sign* DONT YOU JUST LOVE DELOREANS!!!!

Erik Geerdink

Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 01:39:58 -0500
From: Gerald Deutsch <Jerry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: DML: aftermarket radio wiring...

       In this issue:
        _SUBJECTS_
I'm gonna be putting a sony head unit into my car. I have an 81 with the =
original Craig radion in it. Is there a wiring harness that is available =
so I don't have to cut any original wires? Any help in this matter would =
be deeply appreciated. Thanks. ---Dan Vin#5493

Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 11:26:29 -0700
From: James Espey <espey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: DML: [admin] I really mean it this time...

       In this issue:
        _SUBJECTS_
After a few days of troubleshooting with my list provider, it appears
that the DML is back in working order - my apologies for the
inconvenience.

James Espey
Moderator, Delorean Mailing List
www.dmcnews.com