      1. Re: Type of fuel to use
           From: "theshovel1224" <theshovel1224@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: More questions
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Anyone need a new rear interior wall?
           From: "Marcel Bourgon" <mbourgon@xxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Type of fuel to use
           From: Mark Noeltner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. ebay delorean
           From: id <ionicdesign@xxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: More questions
           From: Delorean17@xxxxxxx
      7. Re: ebay delorean
           From: hugo mederos <miami5606@xxxxxxxxx>
      8. Even more questions
           From: "mccarthy410" <mccarthy410@xxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Type of fuel to use
           From: "James" <tomciodmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Re: Type of fuel to use
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: More questions
           From: "Mike Aninger" <mike@xxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Type of fuel to use
           From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: Even more questions
           From: "Joseph Molino" <foxmul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Even more questions
           From: billsfanmd@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 23:43:28 -0000
   From: "theshovel1224" <theshovel1224@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Type of fuel to use

I think the 91 in the manual refers to 91 in British gas,
which is different than U.S.
I have always run mine on 87 w/o any problems.

John Yeoman

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "mccarthy410" <mccarthy410@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a new prospective owner of a DeLorean, before I buy, I'm
> gathering all info I can.  One question comes to mind,  I know the
> manual and several sites say to use 91 Octane fuel,  only thing close
> to it is 93, and that does get expensive.   Can  87 or 89 Octane be
> used with no ill effects? I'm told how the Europeans and how the U.S.
> rates gasoline are two different things,  any truth to this?
>
> Thanks.

Message: 2
   Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 00:54:00 +0100
   From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: More questions

mccarthy410 wrote:

> One, is the DeLorean shift pattern for the manual the same as any
> other car?

MOST cars have 1-5 as you state. Reverse is still car-specific in europe, and the
DeLorean's is to the left of 2, and requires the shifter to be lifted to slot it into
reverse.

> Four,  I know most speedometers go up to 85MPH,  I've
> seen ones that go to 95, 140 and 170.  Is this worth doing or is it
> mostly for asthetics?

The US spec production speedo goes to 85. The BTTF car's was doctored to go to 95. The
Euro-spec cars have 140mph speedos and someone reproduced them in a small number with
some slight modifications. The 170mph speedo is/was an aftermarket option from some
DeLorean vendors. The Canadian spec cars have 240kph speedos.

Martin

Message: 3