      1. Re: "Engine Number" location
           From: "dmcnorway" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. PNDC Tech Day/Auto Trans Problem
           From: "nbrommer2k" <nickbrom@xxxxxxx>
      3. Rear Sway Bar Installation
           From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: "Engine Number" location
           From: jwit6@xxxxxx
      5. The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...
           From: "Stragand, Dave" <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. RE: DeLorean Mid Alantic Spring Social
           From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:44:26 -0000
   From: "dmcnorway" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: "Engine Number" location

Are we talking about the same number here?
The description sounds more like the cat production number...

As far as I can remember, the engine number is stamped into the
aluminum engine block at the drivers side. I looked for it last year
and found it. It may be hard to read because of the
aluminum "corrosion" of wear and heat. But it's there. I think I
remember it to be close to the oil stick. Use a flashlight when
looking for it.

Look closely and you'll find it, a genuine Renault number.

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759