           From: Delorean17@xxxxxxx
           From: Mark Noeltner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
           From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Jason Rowe" <rowejj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Noah <sitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Darkstar <darkstarmedia@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "psychopowerrr" <PsychoPower@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "dmcman82" <srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
           From: "Michael Babb" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Kevin Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
           From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     21. Re: antenna wiring
           From: "Kevin Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 00:26:51 EST
   From: Delorean17@xxxxxxx
Subject: AUTO transmission life...

Hi,
    My trans gov was replaced at 16k miles as it started to act funny.  I
replaced it and drove it 5k miles since and it has performed perfectly.  I
was wondering about the failure rates of the auto transmission.  I take care
of it and have added several magnets inside of the pan for safety.  Someone
told me I would be lucky to hit 50k miles without rebuilding it.  Is this
true or just another rumor.

I was planning on purchasing amsoil 100% synthetic auto-trans fluid.  It is
$9/quart but from what I have heard it is worth it.  I will bring it to a
mechanic and have the system totally flushed and replaced with synthetic.  Is
there any reason I shouldnt put this in my car?  I want the car to treat me
well on the way to Memphis and don't want the original fluid(sat 16yrs,
before fuel syst rebuilt this summer) in there for such a long trip. (700
miles each way)

Thanks
David
#6286-IN2TIME