           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 21:46:28 -0500
   From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: TA Bolt questions

John,

I have to respectfully disagree with your comments concerning the
integrity
of the design of the DeLorean suspension system.

You said:
"If someone is driving around popping the clutch trying to peel off, then
the bolt will give or the frame will or you will tear up the clutch
shortly"
....... "But it wasn't built for that and virtually nothing you can do
short
of a total rebuild will change that. We just have to admit this ourselves.
It's a classy car with classy looks and I'm all for making it more safe,
but
it isn't a hot rod."

As part of our Pre-Delivery Inspection I conduct a road test that runs the
DeLorean through extreme maneuvers. Wide open acceleration, high speed
hard
cornering, and panic stops are all part of the road test. My 260 k mile
DeLorean has seen its share of DMC Joe's extreme road test procedures with
no incidents.

The design engineers and factory QC personal also put the car through
extreme test procedures that would not be attempted by most DeLorean
owners.

The trailing arm bolt failure problem is highly exaggerated and actually
has
a very low incident rate. Yes; it should be of concern to all owners who
have not inspected and or replaced damaged components.

DMC Joe
DeLorean Help dmchelp@xxxxxxx
www.dmc.tv