      1. Re: overheating
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
      2. Re: Noisy fuel pump (still!)
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
      3. Re: On Buying a DeLorean...BE CAREFUL!!!!
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
      4. Re: Middle Eastern DeLoreans?
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
      5. Re: still the stupid clunk
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
      6. Fuel Injection Modifications
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. RE: Re: overheating
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Re: overheating
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
      9. Re: Middle Eastern DeLoreans?
           From: senatorpack@xxxxxx
     10. Re: Fuel Injection Modifications
           From: wingd2@xxxxxxx
     11. Re: Middle Eastern DeLoreans?
           From: James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Middle Eastern DeLoreans?
           From: "David Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: overheating
           From: theshovel1224@xxxxxxxxx
     14. Re: Noisy fuel pump (still!)
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     15. Re: still the stupid clunk
           From: "K Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: still the stupid clunk
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     17. bullet proof a/c blower
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     18. Re: Re: performance shocks question
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     19. Re: Fuel Injection Modifications
           From: Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     20. Blue exhaust
           From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     21. Re: On Buying a DeLorean...BE CAREFUL!!!!
           From: Dmcjal@xxxxxxx
     22. Re: Blue exhaust
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
     23. Re: Re: Middle Eastern DeLoreans?
           From: "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham@xxxxxxxxx>
     24. Re: still the stupid clunk
           From: "K Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     25. Re: Fuel Injection Modifications
           From: jwit6@xxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:38:07 -0000
   From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: overheating

The fan fail jumper is dangerous. The connectors are only crimped onto
the wires. At the very least solder the wires to the connecters to try
to reduce the resistance and make sure the connecters are snugly
inserted into the block. Once overheated the connecters loose the
"springiness" and never grip the spade connecters tighly enough. If
there is evidence of overheated connecters they should be replaced,
not just bent, as they will be too soft and when heated will loosen
too easy.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, jwit6@xxxx wrote:
> > my electrical compartment - my fan fail jumper was melting and it
> was
> > super-hot.  i unplugged it thinking it could start a fire, then
> drove
>
> During an inspection of my relay compartment I noticed that the
spade
> connector to the fan circuit breaker had gotten so hot sometime in
> the past that it actually melted the black plastic surrounding the
> spade connector. Upon inspection I found that the spade connector
fit
> so loosely on the circuit breaker that I surmised the voltage loss
> across this loose connection was responsible for the heat build up.
> repaired the connector and all seems well. My general feeling is
that
> there are many loose spade connectors like this in the car. High
> amperage connections would be especially prone to over heating. Best
> to check them all. Some can be tightened up with a pair of needle
> nose pliers. Others should just be replaced.

Message: 2