           From: "DENNIS C. SCHLIECKAU,JR." <dcsj@xxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Ryan Foster" <westiething@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
           From: nbrommer@xxxxxxxx
           From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: kkoncelik@xxxxxxx
           From: senatorpack@xxxxxx
           From: drravashal@xxxxxxx
           From: srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
           From: "Joseph Molino" <foxmul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 18:23:47 -0700 (PDT)
   From: "DENNIS C. SCHLIECKAU,JR." <dcsj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: re. Going xenon lights

)
  From: Stephen Jones <smj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Going Xenon .. really so expensive?

I was looking to get a set of xenon lamps to replace

the Sylvania sealed halogen.  I know that the wiring

would support 55-60W (at least I believe so).  Its my understanding that
with 'xenon lamps' you don't really have a sealed lamp like with the older
halogen lamps, but rather a new lamp casing with a bulb.  I wasn't sure
myself what would work as a replacement, but the pricing for most setups
didn't seem to be too expensive.  Does anyone have a recommendation of what
to use or what they are using to get whiter, brighter beams for cheap?

Unfortunatly there in NO cheap replacement avaliable yet. The xenon blue
bulbs are not avaliable in sealed beam lights yet, that I know of. their are
currently only 2 companies that I know of that make the replacement lens
housings that fit the D. HELLA and CIBIE  and they are anywhere from $40 to
$60 each lens housing and I'm not sure if that even includes the bulbs.

I know Rob grady has hella's in his green delorean.
Dmc houston Sells there high performance CIBIES ( euro spec ) w,regular
halogen bulbs for $225 complete set of 4 lights. the euro spec is supposedly
far superior to our US DOT standard.

Then there's the HID setup that DMC Houston has installed in one of their
cars
Im not sure if there using 2 HIDs or 4 . Hopefully as time goes on the
rediculusly high price of these units will come down but rightnow if you
want a set, there around $500 for each light that would be $1000.00 for a
pair and $2000 for the set of 4.
There is an aftermarket manufacturer called EAGLE light that sells an HID
driving light setup for around $250.00 per light but they currently don't
have a bulb and housing setup that would replace the sealed beams.

Incidently I have the blue xenon 80/100w bulbs in my daily driver an 86 Audi
Coupe GT. Thinking that more power would be briter, Well I was sorely
disappointed. Infact because of the blue light spectrum they actually appear
less brite than a regular halogen and I drive thru a lot of deer country in
Wisconsin. NOT GOOD!! however the factory Hella headlight lens have a lot to
do with it also. The beam pattern is very poor as far as I'm concerned. I
had A new AUDI A4 w/ HID lights pull up beside me one night on the
interstate. His headlights completely obliterated my light pattern and lit
up the road almost like it was daylight. Absolutely incredable all that
light operating from 2 35watt HID bulbs
HID is definatly the way of the future. believe it or not the life of an HID
bulb is around 5 to 10 thousand hours. My blue xenon's are rated at 1500
hours

Dennis 5180

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/