      1. need clarification about lasagna heat shield
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Tax deductbility
           From: rbrogren@xxxxxxx
      3. getting back from improper storage
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Re: Dealer stripe
           From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomcio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re:Backissue Archive (was interesting question)
           From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Re: Tire torque settings
           From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. NCT's in Concours
           From: James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: getting back from improper storage
           From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: NCT's in Concours
           From: "Knut Grimsrud" <knut.s.grimsrud@xxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: getting back from improper storage
           From: "Dale Schaub" <daleschaub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: NCT's in Concours
           From: delorean31@xxxxxxx
     12. Re: NCT's in Concours
           From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Good point, Roger, on the D:
           From: RJRavalli@xxxxxxx
     14. Re: Re: Possible buy:)
           From: Horseman of PA <the_horseman_pa@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 15:45:05 -0500
   From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
Subject: need clarification about lasagna heat shield

Is it possible that the heat shield warped so badly because it got wet?  Are
these things susceptible to water damage?

How much mileage should one expect to get from an OEM heat shield before it
eventually wears out from normal use?

You all have given some great advice so far.  Thanks.  The new ceramic heat
shield sounds like a great product.  I was wondering if a piece of sheet
metal would work as good, but I suppose not.

Walt    Tampa, FL

>What causes a muffler heat shield to wrinkle and warp to the point that it
>gets cut up in the belts and pulleys?

Message: 2