           From: "jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx " <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Paging Matt Taylor...
           From: Brian Henderlong <bhender1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Re:storage was oil filers
           From: William T Wilson <fluffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 04:45:23 -0000
   From: "jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx " <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:storage was oil filers

I see I struck a nerve. There are many different ways to store a car
and the opinions on what to do with the motor oil is a very
controverstial area. In my experiance it really doesn't matter as long
as you don't get flooded or are in too hot or too high a humidity. A
bigger problem is the fuel. Fuel doesn't store well in cars. It is
dangerous and unstable especialy the newer blends with the oxygenates
and additives. The most important thing you can do is drain ALL of the
fuel from the car in storage. Next it is best if the car is on
jackstands, not just for the tires but so the springs are less
stressed. The tires will be alright in a few miles as long as it's
only a couple of months. The battery should be removed and kept fully
charged. If the anti-freeze is old or acidic or weak it should be
changed before storage. If the brake fluid is over 2 years old it
should be flushed out with dot 4. The most important thing about
storage is the way you bring a car out of it. You should manualy turn
the engine over several times before trying to start it. You should
add fresh fuel and a fully charged battery. As soon as it is warmed up
change the oil and filter. This could get lengthy and I am sure there
are many with other ideas on how to store and unstore a car. In all of
the cars I have taken out of storage and in junkyards the smallest
problem was internal corrosion in the motor not counting the cooling
system.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757  Yes my car is now in storage for the winter

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Rubano" <srubano@xxxx> wrote:
> I agree that with Dave in supporting our well deserved Delorean
parts
> vendors and purchasing parts through them. I don't agree with
storing
> any car without changing the oil

Message: 2
A couple of years ago Matt Taylor sent me a picture of a white 1983
DeLorean -- Matt, if you're still on the list, would you e-mail me,
please?
 It's in relation to my "Painted DeLoreans" website.

Thanks,
- Brian Henderlong / Tampa, FL
- DeLorean: http://home.tampabay.rr.com/deloreans/index.htm
- Impala SS: http://home.tampabay.rr.com/deloreans/brakes.htm