           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: New Problem
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: General Maint.
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 03:34:25 -0000
   From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Angle Drive Question

My angle drive gears are metal. Pot metal housing has a quaint
sounding British firm cast into it ("Something" & Sons, England? Can't
remember exactly and it's too cold right now to go outside and look).
Spindle cable is definitely wound AGAINST predominant left wheel
rotation. Is this unit original to my car?

My housing is labeled "Smith Motor Accessories Ltd, England" Part
#862401/11.

Is this an original unit or a replacement? Because the spindle cable
is wound AGAINST left wheel rotation, I suspect it was intended for a
right hand drive vehicle (which would rotate WITH the windings). My
lubrication screw is also upside down on the left wheel, but would be
right side up on the other side (are all lubrication screws oriented
this way?).

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Worn out angle drive (plastic gears on the O.E.M one)

Message: 2