Re: [DMCForum] 1981 DeLorean for Sale

On that broken AT Governor -

I sell a brand new Plug and Play AT Governor unit that is as simple as can
be to install - about a 30 minute job without having to remove the old one.
Why spend hours under your car, taking apart the transmission and removing
cables, etc when you can install a connector in your engine compartment and
plug in my box in 30 minutes or so? It duplicates the original Governor
circuit up to the output stage, then replaces the power transistors with
solid state relays. $250 for the box and $25 more if you want the LED cable
to see how the solenoids are firing from the cockpit.

You can see it in person at DCS West next month!
For more info go here: http://www.dmctalk.com/showthread.php?t=12704

OK, end of commercial :-)

Jeff Angwin
VIN 3034

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 6:48 AM, John Hicks <johnzd81@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
> After 6 years of ownership, I finally must sell VIN 1674 due to
> circumstances. I have placed it on Craigslist, and thought I would offer it
> up here too, along with an offer of a finders fee to anyone on the list
> locating a buyer for me.
>
> 1981, Automatic, Black int. June build, VIN 01674 flat hood (original was
> replaced)
> 34,600 original miles, I am the 3rd owner.
>
> Top end of the engine has just undergone an overhaul, new heads, valve
> guides, hoses, vacuum lines, plug wires, dist. rotor, relays updated too,
> cooling system flushed and filled, air conditioning converted from R-12 to
> R-134a and blows cold. by Lawrence Lormand (Lawrence's DeLorean's Taylor,
> MI)
>
> I have a DPNW Wings-a-Loft kit (uninstalled) and a DPNW lock actuator kit
> (uninstalled) original owners manual, shop manuals (hard copy and in .pdf
> form) original window sticker and maintenance receipts as well as some
> memorabilia to go with the car.
>
> Solid, sound running daily driver, interior is near perfect, there is a
> small crack in the dash on the passenger side at the glove compartment, and
> at the speaker grille. Passenger side knee pad has some sun damage and a
> small hole on the top, the trim piece on the drivers side, behind the door
> is worn. Seats were reskinned with the correct skins and are supple, no
> cracks, the binnacle is perfect. Original floor mats are in remarkably good
> condition. Aftermarket stereo system was installed by PO. (Kenwood
> AM,FM,CD,MP3) Struts are good all around, sunshade is perfect.
> There is a crack in the windshield on the passenger side, I will try to get
> that repaired if possible.
> The Auto. Trans. Computer Governor needs to be rebuilt, the car drives fine
> as is, but you need to manually shift to 1st, 2nd then drive. I have the
> capacitors for the rebuild if you want to tackle it yourself.
>
> I can supply photos to an interested buyer, and of course, please feel free
> to contact Lawrence and ask him about the car. I believe he is a member
> here, as well as DMCTalk.com or you can contact him via the Motor City
> DeLorean Club.
>
> My asking price is $20,000.00 O.B.O.
> Finders fee is $500.00
>
> Thanks,