Re: [doc] Are they reliable?

ok....looking at it from another angle........having spent the last
11 years working for franchised motor dealerships (currently at
Mercedes-Benz), its worrying the number of sub 5 year old cars that
fill workshops for things other then routine servicing.

Thats why I love my 17 year old Cavalier.....nice and basic, bugger
all to go wrong, and it does exactly what it says on the tin :o)

'Flopsy' has had probably more then her fair share of problems over
the last few years, but then again I bought her as a wreck so I'm not
expecting miracles.  However I've done 3000 miles in that car in just
over 2 months with very few problems and nothing that wasnt easily
sorted.

DeLoreans seem to benefit from being used; ones that are squirreled
away for months at a time can often have more problems from lack of
use then those that are used regularly.  Even my 38 year old Sunbeam
Rapier doesnt throw its toys out of the pram if I use it for work or
take it on a long run just for the hell of it.

At the end of the day, its a car, not garage jewewllery, it was
designed to be used, so enjoy using it :o)

Cheers,

Claire
#2292 'Flopsy'
1968 Sunbeam Rapier