Re: [doc] Re: Santa Pod today

....and please can we have a write up for the next magazine?! :-D (you knew it was coming)

Phil
In boiling hot Birmingham

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 14:29:05 -0000 , "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>Hey Claire
>
>That sounded like fun...did you have your camcorder set up at the
>time?
>
>Regards
>
>Mike
>#2001 HEC6T
>403
>
>--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Claire Usher" <claire_usher71@...>
>wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> well what a blast myself, Rich Hutchinson and Phill W have had
>today
>> at Santa Pod :o)  We were on the Retro Cars Magazine stand as
>Phill
>> had 'Sorbet' in their buyers guide earlier this year.
>>
>> However, the 1/4 mile drag strip was too tempting, and we just had
>> do it :oD
>>
>> I'd figured that Flopsy and #1274 would be pretty evenly matched,
>as
>> I knew Rich had a quick car and I that Flopsy is no slouch, and
>the
>> official timings proved that to be the case.  Both of us were to
>the
>> boards giving our cars everything, and at the finish line Rich
>beat
>> me by just 0.3639 of a second and 0.39mph.
>>
>> You have to admire Rich for what he has done with #1274 on not
>only a
>> limited budget, but also on just his driveway, where he is often
>seen
>> tinkering away in all weathers.
>>
>> The best bit of the day though, was the 2 runs done
>by 'Fireforce',
>> the jet powered drag racer (its got a helicopter engine!)  Some
>> awesome figures here:
>>
>> 0-60mph - 0.1 seconds
>> 0-100 mph - 1.1 seconds
>> standing 1/4 mile around 6 seconds - best end speed today was
>257mph
>> max power - 11,000 horsepower
>>
>> it uses 25 gallons of red diesel for each run, the fuel lines are
>3
>> inches wide and are rated at 400psi.
>>
>> and bloody hell is it loud!!
>>
>> I'm on such a high from today, and cant wait to go back for
>another
>> go - now where did I put that bottle of nitrous.............
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Claire
>> #2292 (standing 1/4 mile 17.554 secs @ 77.05mph)
>> DOC170

Which footballer won 88 caps for Northern Ireland and went on to manage Macclesfield Town?

postmaster.co.uk
http://www.postmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/meme/quiz.pl?id=238

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM