Re: [doc] Re: Rich H and Chrispy to the rescue :o)

Re: [doc] Re: Rich H and Chrispy to the rescue :o)

Please explain to me why a lack of poppet valves will result in
over-fuelling? All air entering the engine is metered and fuel injected
accordingly, is that not correct?

As Dan has said, the backfiring is a side-effect of the higher tune of
the stage 1 engine, but remove the back box and cat and ANY DeLorean
will spit flames. Flopsy's exhaust back box has definitely seen better
days and growls a lot in normal use. I think you'll find the baffles are
shot.

Please don't mess about with the brass screws on that engine. They're
where they need to be.

(a very jet-lagged) Martin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM