Re: [doc] Lotus 2006

Glad you enjoyed it Carl,

  NickT.

Carl Hammond <carlhammonddoc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Everyone, hope you're all well and recovered.

WOW! What a weekend! (still beaming from ear to ear!)

Again, it's what makes me so proud that I am a part of this fantastic little club (despite still being a non-owner)

Where do I start? I guess first and foremost a massive thanks to Chris P for organising the whole event in the first place, and ensuring it was a complete success (worth every penny too) Dave H and Tommy, for the incredible electronic backdrop in the hotel (JZD gave my wife a bit of a fright though :O) Arran, for the superb 3 course meal (mmmmm...turkey) and hospitality at your marvellous hotel, and everyone else who made the whole event possible in the first place. Last but not least, Alan for giving my wife and I the real privilege of riding in Smokey for the weekend (cheers matey :O) Even the weather held up too (well almost!)

Great to see peeps again like Alan, Peter, Chris P, Dave H, Claire U, Andy W, Chris H, Paul B, Phil W, Kelvin & Stacey, Jason W, to name a few and your stainless beauty's! Also great to meet lots of other members like; Nick T, Andy Westerman, John T, Phil P, Glen H, Binnie, James E, Davis P, and of course not forgetting "Essex Tony" (Billy) who provided the Saturday night entertainment! Top Geeza!

Finally, just when I didn't think the weekend could get any better, I was unexpectedly given the opportunity from Nick T to "Live the dream" and drive the DMC for the first time! and at Lotus too!...Brilliant!! Although I think I nearly gave poor Glen a heart attack when he hopped in the passenger's seat, and I announced that this was my first time driving a DeLorean! (sorry mate ;O) Any little doubts I had about the LHD and the handling of the car, were soon vanquished when I got going, and I loved every single second of it! Nick, what can I say, you made my week allowing me to drive "PMT" thanks again mate. :O)

Highlights of the weekend for me: Riding in Smokey back and forth to the events, and having fun trying to get her in my garage (don't ask!) Hearing the fascinating stories from all the former DMC and Lotus employees, going round the test track **cough**twice**cough** and of course driving the DeLorean DMC12 for the very first time! It just doesn't get any better than that! Woo Hoo!!!

Quite simply the best DOC event so far! Hope to see you all in my neck of the woods again soon...

Phew!...This would have probably made a great story for the mag? Now there's an idea...... :O)

Best Regards

Carl
DOC361
VIN....watch this space....

Alan Hammond wrote:
what can I say..... a fantastic weekend for me and "Smokey" at her first club meet.

nice to see loads of people again (Carl H,Peter F,Chrispy,Dave H,Claire U,Andy W and Binny to name a few)- to meeting a lot of new faces (best example Essex Tony on the Saturday night--hope the hangover wasn`t to bad matey?).

after a bit of a heart stopping friday afternnoon (thorn in my side!!!) Smokey performed great, I know that alot of you guys know that I have not done many miles since the rebuild (650 in 3.5 years!) and I have been starting to trust her more and more..... well after this weekend I feel that i could trust her as an everyday vehicle (not that I`m going to!!).

a special thanks to Carl Hammond and his wife Alex for allowing me to stay over at Dereham the Saturday night with "Smokey"(which turned out to be Sunday morning after talking at the hotel with a tanked up Essex Tony till 12:30ish-great night!). it was very kind to put us both up for the night!.

Another special shout out to Chris Parnham for sorting out Lotus 2006 it was a fantastic job getting the DMC`s to go round the test track and being an Esprit owner a very informative weekend at Lotus itself.- well done. also thanks must go to Dave Howarth for setting up the light box show at Arran`s hotel, and of course Arran himself for sorting out a fantastic gala dinner (worth every penny mate!!) and putting up with us all.

A once in a lifetime event that i well never forget!.

all the best and hope to see ya all soon.

Alan Hammond (doc218) "Smokey"(vin569) and "The Bandit"(Esprit 1982)

wrote:
Hi Guys!

Hope you all got back ok. Just to echo what has already been said on a fantastic weekend. Big thanks to Chris P for organising such a massive event!! Thanks to Arran for exclusive use of his fantastic hotel.

It was 1772's first public appearance and I loved every second of it!! As Chrispy said there is nothing better than being part of a convoy of D's. Myself, Phil Peters and Rich Hutchinson had a real blast on the way to Lotus this morning.

It was great to see old faces like Alan & Carl Hammond, Claire and Martin and meet other kind friendly members like Andy Withers, John Tien, Essex Tony, Andy Westerman, Chris Hawes, Phil and Rich to name but a few!

Thanks guys and here's to the next 25 years!

Peter
vin 1772 FIL 675
DOC 328

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

Recreation Automotive Sports Delorean part Delorean cadillac

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM