[doc] Maddie at Eurofest

Well I got home at around 10.30pm on Sunday night having left early on
Sunday morning, so I missed the nice run to the coast with the rest of the
De's.

Only had one minor incident of over filling the fuel tank on the way home
leaving a slightly expensive puddle on a petrol forecourt. When will I learn
not to try and squeeze in that extra couple of pence.

Just to echo everyone else's experience. I really was one of those weekends
that I will never forget and I will tell my grand kids about (no I'm not
that old yet though)

It really all started for me when I turned in to the multi-storey car park
and there on one floor were about 40+ Deloreans. I got a bit choked up at
THAT POINT, let alone seeing 75 driving through the streets of Belfast and
bringing it to a complete standstill with police out riders stopping all the
traffic to let our convoy through. I don't think I've ever run so many red
lights (I hope they didn't have cameras on)

It was also very poignant hearing from all the ex-DMC employees and there
remarkable tales of working in the factory. And without exception they all
said it had been the best 3 years of their lives to date. One comment that I
will always remember, though I'm afraid I can't remember which employee said
it was "I hope you guys enjoy driving them as much as we enjoyed building
them"

I was also shocked but extremely happy to have received 1st place in the
Peoples Choice award too. Especially as I hadn't even thought about entering
before the event. It was only after a little bit of persuading by the likes
of Chris Hawes, Chris Spratt, Martin, Dan and a few other shouts that I was
"volunteered". That will take pride of place in my office now. (I'm still
smiling)

I would just like to add my voice to the thanks to all the organisers from
the DOI and the DOA and everyone else involved behind the scenes. It really
was a mammoth event you put on and one that I am so thankful I was able to
attend. Taking "Maddie" Vin 5641 back to her birthplace with a few of her
mates was amazing. THANK YOU!

PS. And the JZD designed DMC pen that was handed out at the end of the gala
night really was a class act by Robert Lambrock and he rightly deserved that
standing ovation!

Back to earth with a bump now.

I hope all the guys attending Lotusfest have just as much fun!!!!

Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414

Stuart Nicholls
Emagine Productions
NOW WITH POLECAM.com
T: 01920 461265
F: 01920 465376
E: stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
Television - Studio - PSC - ENG - Production - Post Production

Home is just a click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM