From: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Richard Hutchinson
Sent: 16 May 2006 08:31
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [doc] Heat Sheild under the CAT

My cat heat shield did exactly the same thing. If you install the cat
bypass you can do away with it as there is plenty of air space around
it.

If you keep the cat, you do ideally need the shield otherwise the engine
could suffer localised heating around the area.

If the coil area is dry, there's no reason why the damp weather should
affect it - the coil cover is not exactly watertight.

Check/replace the connections on the coil. Check/replace the connections
on the ballast resistors. What about the dizzy cap/rotor?

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274

Of
> Paul
> Sent: 16 May 2006 00:26
> To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [doc] Heat Sheild under the CAT
>
> Hi Guys,

> I was driving up the road today and all of a sudden noticed smoke
coming
> out
> from my engine bay.  As you can imagine I was not impressed and
quickly
> pulled over to the hard shoulder to investigate.
>
> It turned out that the heat shield under the cat had became soaked (it
was
> raining quite heavily and the roads were drenched) and had started to
> disintegrate and seemed to be burning oil off it or something.  There
does
> not appear to be any oil leaks (checked levels after car was sitting
for
> five hours and everything seemed ok, also had no oil on garage floor)
so

--
14/05/2006

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk