Re: [doc] Drivers door lights do not work!! Any Guesses!

Re: [doc] Drivers door lights do not work!! Any Guesses!

You need to familiarise yourself with the wiring diagram. The door
lights operate on a switched ground system that independently turn each
door's lights on and *either* also operates the door ajar and the
interior lights. You should expect the doors to be "hot" at all times.
You need to get at that cluster of diodes on the left side of the centre
tunned under the stereo and check continuity to the feed from the
driver's door - they're all colour-coded. The multiways under the roof
are a common cause of complaint as they are prone to getting wet. I
would give you an answer in more detail but even though I've trouble
shot (shooted?!) this sort of problem many times, I still don't know all
the codes off the top of my head, and my diagram is firmly stuck to the
wall of the workshop :-) Give us a ring tomorrow and I can walk you
through it.

One silly quirk of the door lights is that the red wires are actually
the grounds and the black are held at 12v. That little woopsie had me
puzzled for ages when testing mine way back!

Martin

Craig Churchill wrote:

>Hi All
>
>  Here is  aproblem that has me stumped!  The drivers door lights have never worked since i go the car!  I took off the panel and put a circuit teaster to them and there is power!  When i earthed the plue/purple wire all 3 came on!!!!
>
>  So i guess the door switch supplies earth to light up the door switches!!  I also take it that there is a break in the Blue/purple wire on the way to the switch!!!
>
>  Has anyone ever heard of this problem?  Could there be an obvious place where this wire has broken (i hope its not in the T Panel!) Are there any tests i could do?  Are the 3 diodes by the accelerator a probable cause?
>
>  Just to recap there is power but the door switch does not activate them....earthing the blue/purple IN THE DOOR activates the lights!!
>
>  Any help appreciated
>
>  Craig
>  DOC 20
>  VIN 16723

Everything you need is one?click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page?now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM