[doc] DeLorean Restoration.

Dear List,
You may remember that I spoke to Mark Evans at the last NEC to see if
they were interested in featuring a DeLorean in one of their
programs.well they are!

Here is an extract from their press release, contact them direct. :-

Jungle TV seeks vehicle restorers for new documentary series (V4)

Surrey-based production company Jungle Television is looking for five
fascinating classic and vintage vehicle restoration projects to follow
for a new Discovery Real Time documentary series called WRECK RESCUE.

In a ten part observational documentary series, well known classic car
fanatic and accomplished amateur engineer, Mark Evans, shuts the door on
his own workshop and sets off around the UK to help inspire, motivate
and encourage fellow enthusiasts to realise their own restoration
dreams.  Each project is a major transformation, often against all the
odds, and a unique and memorable experience for all those involved.

Filming is scheduled to start at the beginning of May 2006 and must be
completed by Easter 2007.  Mark would like to hear ASAP from individual
restorers, or small teams (i.e. families, best friends), who are
confident they've got what it takes to complete the restoration of their
much-loved motors in under 10 months and within a budget they can
afford.

Mark and the team will offer project planning advice (if required) and
all necessary encouragement, courtesy of size 11 "toe-tectors".  They
will do everything they can to help ensure success, but they aren't
allowed to salvage the project if things go tits up.  It's down to the
owners themselves to make sure that doesn't happen. Would-be
participants in the show must be able to demonstrate that they have the
commitment, ability, resources, ingenuity and determination to deliver
the goods.  Mark is keen to hear from anyone with a great project to
complete and a compelling story to tell - "hands-on" mechanics,
"cheque-book" restorers and restoration professionals.

Mark can't wait to get started on this new series and is very clear
about the kind of people he wants to work with. "Wreck Rescue offers
amateur restorers a unique challenge and a "once-in-a-lifetime"
opportunity.  But, it's not for the faint-hearted.  We know from
personal experience how tough restoration projects can be and, on this
show, there's no place for slackers or bullshitters".

Ant Palmer is the show's producer-director. "We're looking for strong,
engaging stories about enthusiasts who have a real emotional connection
with their cherished vehicles and, ideally, a compelling reason for
needing to complete their projects before our production deadline of
Easter next year - perhaps it's to enter a concourse competition, take
part in a classic motor sport event, ferry a daughter to church on her
wedding day or to set off on a unique holiday.  And we don't just want
to hear from older blokes with flat caps - we want to feature people of
all ages and backgrounds wearing them !".

The production team are happy to consider any kind of classic or vintage
vehicle, so long as it's over 25 years old, much-loved and seriously
moth-eaten. Star cars could include a Lotus, a Lancia or a Series 1 Land
Rover; a Mini Traveller, a Maserati race car, an MG TF or even something
Military.  Possibly even, a Massey Ferguson.

Want to take part ?  Send a brief project outline, plus relevant photos
(copies) to:

Wreck Rescue, c/o Jungle Television, P O Box 21, Cranleigh.  GU6 7YB

Or, email:   wreck-rescue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For more information about Mark Evans' engineering exploits visit
www.markevans.co.uk <http://www.markevans.co.uk/>   (Hi-Res images
available online)

 Regards

Chris P  DOC 2.