[doc] Re: speakers

Hi Chris

Just in the process of finishing my speaker upgrade 'how toos' for
the next mag, i could email an 'advanced copy' if it would help at
all.

> Is there anything bigger than the 4"x10" that will fit behind the
rear
> panels?

Not really the stock speaker is very near to the rear wall and
seatbelt retractor as it is , you could go smaller  say 6 x 4" but
the origional holes in the door panel are punched for the 4 x 10s

> Can 4" or bigger be mounted under the dashboard at the front?

3.5" is really the largest size that will fit in the origional
position im afraid.

I have heard of people screwing new speakers to the fibreglass
underneath rather than using the origional mounting studs. If you get
a speaker with a built tweeter then pick a set where the tweeter
doesnt stick up above the main speaker. The mounting lugs need to be
flush with the front face too.

 Any ideas where to mount the tweeters?

Separate speakers, difficult to hide away imo, depends if you are
bothered about origional appearance....also depends how many pennies
you wish to spend as to which ones to choose.

Regards

Mike
2001
403