Re: [doc] M1 Crash/who's getting the garage

Re: [doc] M1 Crash/who's getting the garage

I should have some pics later to post up, but its a 14ft 6in long 4
seater fastback coupe with twin headlights, lots of chrome
and 'pillarless' side profile based on Hillman Hunter running gear.
The fastback Rapier, the last true Rootes Group car to bear that
name, was made from October 1967 to April 1976.  It has a 1725cc
88bhp 4 cylinder engine with twin Stromberg carburettors and mine
also has the optional 3spd Borg Warner Automatic
Transmission.  "WGC265F" also has quite a nice early history, as for
the first 13 years of its life it was owned by Colonel Lawrence, High
Sheriff of Jersey and was imported into England in 1982 with a little
over 20,000 miles on the clock only.
I still cant think of a name for her though!
Anyway, pics to follow, then the 'younger' members of the group who
wernt even born when Rootes Group was still around can be
enlightened :o)

Regards

Claire
July '81 DMC-12 #2292
July '68 Rapier Auto
Aug '89 Cavalier 1.6L
DOC170

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Sumner <mikebmw316@...> wrote:

> I keep trying to think what a Sunbeam Rapier looks like but I don't
think I've ever seen one so I'll have to wait until the pics get
posted before I'll be enlightened.

>   The only thing I can think of is a Sunbeam Tiger, but that's the
V8 sportscar like an MGB so presumably it's not that.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk