Re: [doc] Advice required - Classic Cars/Unleaded (not a DeLorean)

Re: [doc] Advice required - Classic Cars/Unleaded (not a DeLorean)

Yes, this book shows which engines need it or not and this is down to the engine size, type code and production number in some cases.

  The gearbox bloke is right about the sensor. It was moulded onto the bracket.
  DIY method was to heat the bracket up a bit, melt the plastic slightly and move it along the bracket a bit.

  NickT.

Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Our gearbox guy showed us the comical way in which Renault did it on the
EFI 25's..... sold everyone a new flywheel sensor which was off-centre
on its mounting bracket. Achievable with the old sensor, a vice and a
little gentle use of a hammer

What I was getting at was distinguishing between engines that NEED lead,
and those that simply need the timing knocking back. I suspect John's
simply says in the manual that it needs 97 ron leaded to distinguish it
from 2-star. Running it today with lead replacement additive is avoiding
a simple jaunt with the timing light, as you say. I doubt very much if
it's an engine that still needed it. But I'd be interested to know.

How long after unleaded did super unleaded arrive? (which brings the
octane back up to 97)

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk