Re: [doc] electrics again!

Hi Mat,

  I have had the centre console out recently to work on the mode switch.  I noticed that if you unplug the hazard switch the indicators stop working, including  the cluster ones!  I reckon you havent plugged in the hazard switch properly!!

  I used to be really scared of removing the centre console but i can whip that puppy out in about 5 mins now!!! Just gotta do it all in the right order!

  I always follow the guides on this site

  http://retroserver.no-ip.com

  When we get our new forum we could all post how to guides like this bloke has as we do jobs...i have lots of photos of various jobs i have done ready to share on such a site/forum!!!

  Take Care

  Craig
  DOC 20
  VIN 16723

Phil Peters <PhilPeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Mat,

Based on the symptoms I'm not sure if it's the right part of the wiring loom, but did you unscrew all those black ground wires from the side of the centre console radio bracket? There are about 5 in total I think. If so, maybe check that they were all re-fitted again. (And yes, that's the voice of experience talking ;-))

Cheers,

Phil P.
VIN# 4400

p.s. discovered at the weekend that the OEM copper crush rings for the DeLorean sump drain plug will also fit a 1993 K-reg Renault Clio sump drain plug. Anyone know if the opposite applies?

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:03:44 -0000 , "Mat Clarke" <matclarke@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Got an interesting one again....
>
>Having had the centre console off to replace a A/C part (it nows blows
>where you tell it too!), after refitting I've found that i have no
>working indicators, hazards, reverse, or ANY rear lights....
>
>Even no indicator flashing in the instrument panel!
>
>Mmm...did I plug something back together wrong?
>(fuses are fine!)
>(relays?)
>
>Mat Clarke
>Frenchy
>

>DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
>** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **
>Yahoo! Groups Links

        Recreation   Automotive   Sports     Delorean part   Delorean cadillac