Re: [doc] AC RE-GASSED

>But dont you need all the adaptors and connectors and pipes that connect and a way to vent out the old gas and replace the pag oil, plus the die to check you dont have any leaks and a uv light???  Wont it all work out the same price in the end??

The drop-ins are designed to combine with any residual R12. I've had my
car re-gassed twice in 5 years and both times there was no problem at
all with hooking up the gauges and bottle with a simple adapter. I am no
AC engineer but we've already heard from one person who is... I'm not
trying to argue, my position is clear, but I like people to be in full
posession of the facts to be able to make a decision. I have nothing to
gain here - we off-board any AC work but I recommend R12 replacement
because it's cheaper than a conversion and the system was designed for
it. I have one customer with an R134a conversion that's blown ice cold
from the day we sold him the car over 10,000 miles ago. I am just
cynical towards AC engineers who say that the conversion is the best route.

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk