Re: [doc] AC RE-GASSED

All.

  When getting my A/C refilled I asked for the drop in replacement and the "very well known and reputable garage" said that I would not be able to get it from them and only 2 garages in the WHOLE of Ireland did it.

  For ease of getting the car refilled at ANY GARAGE in the future I see no problems with the R134A.   R134A works perfectly well in my car which NEVER had any gas in it in 25 years.

  IF (BIG IF) you can get R12 (which "some" classic car garages still have but dont advertise) then go with that.  If you cant get R12 but can get the drop in replacment then go with that, If getting the drop in replacment means you have to drive for 4 hours to a garage 100 miles away which you will have to do everytime you want it filled then get the R134A.  I went with the R134A in the end as Paul Omallay who is a dedicated Delorean expert and who I trust with my car 100% said that I would have no problems with it, and if he says it will work then I will go with him.

  Check all the prices and what works out best for you - If you dont mind driving that extra bit further then great, just dont be put off by poeple giving you loads of different names and facts.  As long as your A/C system is in good working order you will have no problems with any of the gases listed.

  I beleive Paul Omallay is finishing Ian and Shane Christies car this weekend after their frame was galvanised and then he is on to John Dores next week who also had his frame galvanised.  2 FULL rebuilds in a week, not bad going. Then he gets married on the 20th and at my house on the 29th for a tech session.

  Mat.

Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  R12 is totally illegal in this country and any ac company who use it are
liable for a £3000 fine. Ozone-friendly drop-in replacements are and
will be available for the forseeable future.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk