[doc] Exhaust and more

I've just got back from Stainless Steel Exhausts. They have removed my
very loud silencer from (old Backy) now Lefty, it has been replaced
with a "quite" one. Now this is the first Quite is a relative term, and
this is the first quite one they have made as most have been the Medium
ones. Basically its how many holes are in the internal perforated
tubing, which allows the noise to escape into the sound adsorbing
material that determines the noise level.

But its still makes a very satisfying noise, certainly louder than the
original system.  It measured about 88 decibels at 3,000 rpm and about
94 at 4,000 RPM. ; which is well lower than the legal max.  The
performance seemed unaffected, still very good.

Don tells me he is trying to fix up a stand at Euro-fest, so some of you
can meet up with him there.

On another note, Richard Hutchingson has been promoted from "assistant"
Club Technical advisor, to "The" club Technical advisor. Following the
resignation of our former one (no more comments please).  Sadly despite
the fact that Richard has taken on more responsibility, his financial
remuneration remains the same...nil!   If you have any items you would
like Richard to expand on, let him know.  The only thing we need to
arrange id his email address.  How about "technical-dick"@ deloreans ?
Any other suggestions welcome!

 Regards

Chris P  DOC 2.