[doc] Abuse of newsgroup

Dear list,

I feel I must humbly apologise to all of you.

Not for the contents my private email to Mark, but because my actions
have inadvertently caused some private and confidential information
about 3rd parties to become "Public" via our newsgroup.  This should not
have happened.

I have often urged members to sign up to our newsgroup, because it can
be an excellent tool for disseminating information, organising events
etc. But as an "un-moderated" newsgroup it does rely on the goodwill of
its members to work properly. It has the ever present danger that
someone will "blow his/ her top" and cause great offence to others. This
has sadly happened twice in the last few days.

John Tien and his volunteer helpers are currently working at a much more
useful website, when it is launched, we can all decide if it needs to be
"moderated" or Censored, to put it in plain English.

Had I thought, for  just one second that my PRIVATE email to Mark would
be posted on our newsgroup, I would have simply fitted my substituted
engine cover, said nothing and put it down to experience.

Now that the affair has been made public, I will by the weekend; post my
version of events, together with photographic evidence, to the "member's
only" section of the club website.   Club members can then make their
own minds up about who has abused his position and should think about
resigning.

Can we please get back to our normal pleasant and uplifting DeLorean
related matters?
.

Best Regards

Chris Parnham Hon Sec DOC UK