RE: [doc] M42 speed cameras go live

Panic not

This is an email that?s been doing the rounds since last year, I think
it's mainly designed to get people to visit the website

Here's the official response from the Highways Agency ATM section as of
29 March 2006 as found on this website:
http://www.arseburgers.co.uk/blog/archives/001199.html ........

"Thank you for your email regarding the M42 junctions 3A - 7.

We are aware of the email that has been circulating and would like to
state that this has not come from an official source.
Mandatory/enforceable speed limits were introduced onto this section on
the 29th November 2005. These limits are being enforced by the police at
their discretion via our systems.

The ATM enforcement system is primarily designed to encourage drivers to
comply with the variable speed limits, which will only be in use during
congestion or an incident.

I hope that this addresses your query.

If you have any further queries please contact the Highways Agency
Information Line 08457 50 40 30, contact us by email at
m42atmproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or visit our web site at
www.highways.gov.uk/ATM."

Rich Hutchinson
DOC 365 VIN 1274

Of
> Mike Bosworth
> Sent: 03 April 2006 08:03
> To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [doc] M42 speed cameras go live
>
> 276 Cameras ?...... x 3 points each , thats a 69 year ban then :)
>
> Mike
> #2001/403
>

> --- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Hawes" <chris@...> wrote:
> >
> > You mean cameras on the gantrys or stand alone?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Chris

31/03/2006