RE: [doc] Doors and Idle speed

I had this throttle problem with 1274 and after spending hours fiddling
around with spring settings and adjustments, found the ONLY way to fix
this problem reliably is to dismantle the throttle lever (where the
spring lives under the air filter) and liberally grease all the
components, and reassemble

I've had no trouble with it since.

The design is a little poor in that the washer between the spring and
the cast body grinds on the body, slightly holding the throttle plates
open. There's enough slack in the system that you simply can't adjust
them closed without throwing everything else out of whack.

Rich Hutchinson
DOC 365 VIN 1274

Of

--