RE: [doc] Fuel sender unit

A fuel pressure check would confirm the problem.
  I bet the accumulator is full of crap ;)

  NickT.

Richard Hutchinson <dickyh11@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Your hot start problem is probably down to vapour in the fuel lines
caused by a failure of the system to maintain pressure in the lines when
the engine is switched off.

It's usually caused by one of three things:

The non return valve in the top of the fuel pump is letting fuel return
to the tank when the pump stops - unlikely

The O ring in the primary pressure regulator in the metering head has
gone flat and is allowing fuel to bleed back into the tank. It's the
tiny o ring at the and of the spring which can be got at by unscrewing
the hex head 'bolt' on the front RHS of the metering head, you'll need
to depressurise the fuel system first - unlikely but worth checking

Your fuel accumulator is buggered - likely

To test all three:
1. Remove air box
2. Start engine from cold
3. Allow to idle for a few seconds
4. Turn off engine
5. Gently press the circular metering flap down a little, it should
offer some resistance.
6. Repeat 5 again after about thirty seconds, the flap should offer a
similar resistance.
7. Repeat 5 again after about five minutes. The flap should still offer
resistance.
8. If you loose pressure almost immediately one of the above is the
cause, but you can almost bet on the accumulator...

Rich Hutchinson
DOC 365 VIN 1274

> Also, has anyone tried out the hot start relay from ?special t auto?
as a

--
28/02/2006