[doc] Horror Of Getting Stuck In Gear At A Junction- Not solution

[doc] Horror Of Getting Stuck In Gear At A Junction- Not solution

My clutch cable snapped on me a few years ago in my 405 Peugeot.  I was able
to make it home using this technique.  Start the car in first gear (I know
it?s not good for the starter but it was an emergency) and then accelerating
beyond the point to where I would usually change gear.  Take foot off the
gas.  As the car slows (and revs drop) you then put pressure (lightly) to
take the car out of gear it will pop out naturally as the revs drop.  Again
lightly hold the gear lever against the next gear and as the revs drop it
will gently pop into gear.  I was able to drive home smoothly using this
method with a few friends in the car who only for the starting in gear did
not realise there was a problem.  You just need to watch well ahead for
traffic lights to keep completely stops to a minimum.

It?s not a solution to the problem but at least if it ever happens again it
may help you get home with a bit less hassle.

Paul

Belfast

   _____