[doc] Re: Practical Classics Magazine

Mike,
I think the 'DC-12' was simply a typo, it's a shame it was such a
large one, but hey we all make istakes. ;-)
what annoyed me was the fact that despite doing such a good artical
one month (buyers guide) that they then slate the car the next
month. but as with most newspapers/magazines, reserch costs money
and it's easier just to print any old rubbish, just try reading the
Sun every day!!   :-)

Chris
vin#4584

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Sumner <mikebmw316@...> wrote:

> I've just returned from a walk to the newsagents to see the latest
issue of Practical Classics and I have to say I'm not particularly
impressed with the way the magazine manages to keep getting DeLorean-
related things wrong.

>   Last issue they referred to the car as a "DC-12" in the buying
guide, and this issue (in the section about cars that went wrong)
they have used what appears to be the same picture of the car from
the front cover of the previous issue, but they have somehow
mirrored the picture so that the reg (which should be something
like "WIA 8096") is backwards.

>   I know I am nit-picking but my pet hate is inaccuracy, and in
todays world of shabby journalism it seems that there are far too
many publications that fail either to research their subject matter
thoroughly, or when they have they then proceed to present it to the
audience wrongly.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk