[doc] DeLorean Insurance

Hi Chrispy,

Hope you had an enjoyable holiday. We'll have to get our heads (and diaries) together soon to work out when I can drop JZD over.

On a slightly different note, I work with a very nice lady whose partner owns the Classic Line Insurance company. I know they already insure a few DeLoreans and through her I have recently been discussing the possibility of some special DeLorean insurance policies for DOC members. In particular I was keen to try and establish some affordable policies for our younger DeLorean owners.

So far, the company has said that they could offer the DOC a club discount of around 10% on insurance premiums and a âcashbackâ incentive to the club for putting business their way. As far as I understand it, this means that the club would earn commission â probably around 5% â which would be paid at the end of a mutually agreed period, i.e. 3, 6 or 12 months! This could be a nice little cash injection to pay for memorabilia or to develop the club stand etc. etc.

As far as the policies for young owners is concerned, it is looking pretty good so far. The directors said they would like to know from the club how many young owners we have because it will help with their negotiations with insurance companies.

Is there any chance you could check your records and run me off a list of owners under the age of 25 so I can forward it to my colleague? I donât need names, only a number really.

Many thanks,

--

Phil Peters
DOC #84