well worth doing, your cars are definatley 'next' on the list!

Other work always seems gets in the way of D-days.....

Mike
#2001/403

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nick Tomlinson
<nickandkathryntomlinson@...> wrote:

> No I don't !
>
>   At least we used heavier gauge magnet wire with enough turns to
equal the original resistivity and we modified your central locking
with that article we found showing you to install higher gain
transistors and higher resisters to reduce current consumption.
>   I think was was 13mA standby currentand after it was 1.3mA..
Adding Diodes across the new output relays has stopped the usual
chatter effect and now has cleaner switching.

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/stragand_lock_rewind/Rewinding.htm

> I know NickT loves doing them, with all that lovely wire going
round
> and round and round and round ..... :) yes i know it sends you
nutty
> doing it but a lot cheaper than new ones :)... Ive Got 2 more to
do
> soon ...
>
> Regards
>
> Mike
> 403
>

> > Also the central locking solanoid in the drivers door needs
> replacing.
> > Does anyone have a spare that I could purchase?
> > Any help would be grately recieved.
> > Tracey vin 6484
> >

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **