Re: [doc] start problem

When the car isn't starting check if there is a spark.  If there is no
spark during this 20 min period it could be the pulse coil in the
distributor.  Disconnect the wire from the distributor to the ECU check for
resistance if its open circuit then the coil is faulty and needs replacing.

My car has this fault but always stops after 5 mins and won't start for
another 5-10 mins.

This shows the pulse coil in the distributor and describes the fault.

http://specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/electrical.html

James Macpherson
Software Developer
Direct Dial: +44 (0) 1462 650162
Drax (UK) Ltd is a leading provider of fire alarm and security systems and
services in the UK. Drax (UK) Ltd undertakes every aspect of alarm
management tailoring solutions to clients' requirements.

For more information please contact +44 (0)1462 634554 or visit
www.draxuk.com

intended for the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it, or any part of it, in any
form whatsoever.

If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and
ensure that all copies of this e-mail and any files transmitted with it
are deleted, as any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying
of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Any views or opinions represented in this e-mail are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Drax (UK) Ltd.

Although this e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses, Drax (UK) Ltd will not be liable for any
losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.