Re: [doc] ole chugger

Is the smoke black or blue?

  Blue would tend to show the car is burning oil.
  Black would tend to show it's over fuelling.

  Is your oil level right? (too much in could upset the turbo oil return)
  Have you checked the ignition system?
  Spark plugs, ignition leads distributor cap rotor arm etc?

  Might be a lazy injector. I got an old k-jet fuel injector pressure tester from ebay but as usual that thing called work gets in the way of me having a play.

  Did the engine smoke before the turbo was on or did your engine have the turb on originally?

  NickT.

essexdick <tny1964@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  I have a small problem with my car. When starting my car,
sometimes it smokes,the only thing i can put it down to is the turbo
has a seal gone,or its over-fueling. the cpr has been checked and was
ok. Also when pulling away it seems to feel like its missing on one
cylinder, but when over 2000rpm it smooths out. Andy noticed this when
he run it back to me in september.
Its a strange problem that i cant get my head round. It could all
be down to the Turbo,but as theres not many,it may be a while before i
get to the bottom of it. Or when Nick T fits his on.
Any ideas?

thanks tony

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk