Re: [doc] Red and cream interior delorean in larne

Re: [doc] Red and cream interior delorean in larne

i would take a jump start kit and she starts and runs ok.

if the seller makes any excuses why not to try, suspect something
major wrong.
i would say a car in the USA that has not run for years is not
uncommon (like mine)
but a car such as this here is odd. if all it takes is a battery
then surely the owner would have done this.
i think before he said he would 'guarantee' the engine, so suggest
you hold 50% of the payment untill it is running!!!!!!!!!
because once you have bought there are no refunds.
i would look for all the missing parts (to tot up the cost).
also consider if you will live with the interior or revert back to
stock, and what could be recoloured.
There is a company whose recolour system is fantastic (i used on my
pajero for worn seats and they looked spot on)

look at the tyres as a set will cost you £400 ish and a wheels
refurb another £150.
Definatley look at the paperwork as i seem to remember was not uk
registered...(has he paid the tax?) again this seems very odd.

like i said i think £10000 is wayyyy over, and you may get something
better from the us.(perhaps have a chat with Martin?)

hope this helps

Regards

Steve

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087@...> wrote:

> When are you going to have a look Gerry? Wouldnt mind seeing this
one myself.

>   Thomas
>
> gerrymaguire_655 <gerrymaguire_655@...> wrote:
>   Im going to take a look at the car that was on ebay a couple of
days
> ago the buyer didnt get the reserve so hopefully it will still be
for
> sale. The whole Mot and registration thing doesnt sound right,
does
> anyone have any info on this car or anything i should look out
for.
> His reserve was £10000 but he bought from a fella in England for
> around £9000. It doesnt sound right really but its worth a look.
>

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **

Service.