Re: [doc] idle problems further info

hi

thanx but i've replaced the cpr with a NOS, and car does the same
with old and new one.

i thought maybe someone had tinkered and made it too lean. How long
does the hex have to be?

i will probably sell the new one when i get her straight and raise
some cash for the door seals!.

Regards

Steve

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Richard Hutchinson" <dickyh11@xxxx>
wrote:

> The flap should indeed be quite hard to push, both during and after
> running (for about ten minutes - this is a sign of a good
accumulator).

> It the mixture has been played with, it may well be running too
lean.
> Since you can't get it to tick over, it's going to be difficult to
do a
> gas test, so try nipping the mixture screw clockwise (3mm hex key).
> Don't over do it - an eighth of a turn is a lot. Try and make a
note of
> how much you turned it, so you can go back if need be.
>
> Alternatively this can be a sign of a duff CPR. I think that was
> suggested in reply to your very first post ;)
>
> Rich H
> DOC 365 VIN 1274

Behalf

new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com