[doc] Re: 'DMC-12' the name..../Frame Number / Vin Tags

[doc] Re: 'DMC-12' the name..../Frame Number / Vin Tags

Hi

Only reference i have ever seen on a part is on the back of the
exhaust muffler.

Interestingly enough i was cleaning under my car earlier today and
finally noted where the frame number is, mine is 002098, interesting
seeing as my vin is 2001. With this plate being more substantial and
welded to the frame than a dash or door tag , i feel that
this 'hidden' info is far more useful in the event of theft etc.

In case anyone doesnt know where this is, its on the grey frame
right at the rear near side of the engine bay. if you look up where
the left hand edge of the exhaust muffler is, its on the vertical
part of the frame near to the rear cross member.

Might be a good idea if these bits of info are written down
somewhere. Maybe even on ChrisP list ?

My vin tag on the dash is plain metal but riveted, but i have seen
plenty that are just stuck on.

Kind Regards

Mike
/403