Email from organisers at bottom of this post.

Thanks,

Claire
DOC170

Classics on the Common

2006 Update

Dear all,

Following my last email to you all I was inundated with replies, over
100 in the first 24 hours. Every single one of them wanted the event
to continue, all offered support, and many offered practical
assistance, advice, other potential venues or solutions. I was
greatly encouraged by your responses, I apologise for not responding
to them all but John and I have been actively investigating one
solution and the good news is that Classics on the Common 2006 will
go ahead. I do hope that those I didn't reply to will understand that
I wasn't being ignorant, your views and support were very welcome
indeed.

The initial idea for a solution to the problem of where to park
spectators cars came quite independently from two entrants, Chris
Small and Richard Colebourn. It was subsequently also suggested by
Jasper Gilder of the TVR Club, I am grateful to you all. All
suggested some sort of a park and ride scheme. We have enlisted the
support of Harpenden Rugby Club to use their ground for parking and
we hope to enlist 3 or 4 classic buses to ferry spectators to the
Common. It solves the problem and will also be a nice addition to the
event.

The date has been set, I'm not going to announce it quite yet as I
want to get the website updated first before I start taking bookings.
I can say it is a Wednesday and it is likely to be a very similar
date to last year. I will of course send out a general email as soon
as I am up and running and ready to take booking.

One final note, for those who are not aware my co-organiser John
Tibble is retiring as landlord of The Carpenters Arms at the end of
this month, he is moving away from Harpenden but he will still be
very much involved in the organisation of Classics on the Common.

Very many thanks

Peter Madden

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk