RE: [doc] fuel distributer

Diagnose logically using a fuel pressure gauge and CO emissions check.
  Check wiring and vacuum connections too.

  Only swap parts if you have proved them wrong not "in case it is that one".

  It could be your engine is too lean and only trys to self correct to some extend by the oxygen sensor feedback to the fuel computer altering the duty cycle on the frequency valve (bleed valve) that alters the fuel mixture at the metering head.

  NickT.

Richard Hutchinson <dickyh11@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  From your description I'd say it may be worth looking at the CPR

Your metering head/engine are safe for now :)

Rich Hutchinson
DOC 365 VIN 1274

Of
> [...]
few
> weeks and only happens for about the first 10 minutes the car is
driven,
> if you drive the car everyday the symtoms never arise. I had the
feeling
> that there was some gunge still in the old fuel lines and in the
metering
> head that was blocking fuel from getting to the engine and by blasting
the
> throttle it was clearing the gunge and this was making the smoke - I
know
> for a fact that the car is not rich as he passed the emmisions test in
his
> mot about 3 weeks ago with fllying colours.
>
> I dont think the car is in any way faulty but to know that his
metering
> head/engine is not about to blow up would help us a great deal!!!!
>
> Mat
> Northern Ireland.
>
> Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd wrote:
> Hi Mat
>
> Fuel distributors rarely go bad and whatever you do, don't take it to
> pieces and try doing it yourself. They are very delicate, but
extremely
> simple inside and there's not a lot you can just clean.
>
> I sounds like it's running very rich if you're getting black smoke,
and
> hesitation under accelleration can be an awful lot of things from the
> advance bob-weights in the ignition distributor to the lambda system,
> the control pressure regulator - and I've once had a metering head
where
> the plunger was too tight and wouldn't move freely. It's tough to say
> for sure.
>
> I have a known good secondhand metering head on the shelf. A
refurbished
> one, through us is around £300.
>
> Martin
> DMC Ltd
> www.delorean.co.uk
>
> mattuckerdmc wrote:
>
> >Hi all
> >
> >Helping a friend with his car and he thinks he needs his fuel
> >distributer looked at - maybe even cleaned and all the o-rings and
> >seals replaced. His car sat for a long time and when he drives the
> >car (usually once a fortnight) it can be very hesitant under
> >acceleration and alot of smoke comes out the back but after about 10
> >mins or so and a tank full of injector cleaner it is fine. There must
> >be a build up of crap in it as we have checked the injectors and they
> >are fine.
> >
> >Is there a company that does this or how much would it be for a NEW
> >one or is that a silly question!!!
> >
> >Mat
> >N.Ireland
> >

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed
> public and may be printed in the club magazine **

Service.

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed
> public and may be printed in the club magazine **
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> --
03/01/2006