From: alan ?buckley [mailto:alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 09 January 2006 09:29
To: secretary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; treasurer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
info@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Invitation to the Vintage and Classic Day at Turweston Airfield

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Vintage Aircraft Club invite your members to the annual Vintage and
Classic Day at Turweston Airfield on Sunday 17th September 2006.  The
event is an informal gathering of owners and enthusiasts for all things
mechanical and will include vintage and classic motor cycles, cars,
military vehicles, tractors, commercial vehicles and if the weather
permits a good selection of aircraft.
The gates open about 09:30 with a parade of vehicles around 13:00 the
rest of the time is free for you to wander round the other vehicles
attending the event or to browse through the stalls or to get some
sustenance from the airfield cafe.

Each year we try and feature any marques that have a notable aniversary
so if your club is celebrating please let us know so we can arrange to
have your marque featured.

Last year was a special event as we were able to get the final public
display of the Vickers Vimy (this was the aircraft that has reinacted
the three main long distance flights London-Australia, London-Cape Town
and in 2005 the Trans Atlantic flight).  So hopefully we will be able to
have a good selection of aircraft, cars, motorbikes, commercial and
military vehicles for everyones enjoyment.

The airfield is situated 2.5 miles east of Brackley and can be accessed
from the A43 just north of the first Brackley exit and is clearly
signposted to Turweston Airfield and Whitfield village.

To view pictures from our past events please check our web site at
www.vintageaircraftclub.org.uk also we will be updating information for
the event, so if there are any changes they will be posted on this site.

Can you please publicise this event to your membership and look forward
to seeing you there.

So please mark the date on your calendar and we hope to see you there.

Yours faithfully

Dr Alan Buckley
VAC Press and PR Officer

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk