[doc] (unknown)

Dear all,

  despite all recent posts that give the impression I am some sort of hate-filled nutcase, I'd just like to set the record straight.

  I completely agree that anyone that lives in fear of their life should try and better themselves by going to another country, but it just baffles me why that country seems to be this one the majority of the time, even though these people have to travel through other safe countries in order to get to this one.  Why is that?  Why do many ignore France and Germany etc and come here?  Because we are a soft touch.

  How far would the average person get if they went to the government and demanded a house, car, and income?  Not very, yet everything is weighted in favour of people who have contributed little, or nothing, to this economy and are happy to take the rewards.

  To be completely honest I can't see a future for me living in this country because of the way it's going downhill.

  I'm sure this will meet with the inevitable disapproval of certain people, but equally I'm sure it will be agreed with by a great many even if they daren't publically admit it because of the fear of being labelled racists, even though it isn't the case.

  If posting this means I am ejected from the newsgroup then that's something I will have to accept because I am not interesting in being a part of something that does not allow me to express myself anyway.

  I take it you are all aware of the plans by the government to bring us into line with the rest of Europe by converting our road network, and our cars, to kilometres per hour.  Still think this is a free country?

  America represents all the hopes that this country used to stand for many years ago, and although they are the butt of many a poor quality joke the fact remains that their country offers a lot more than this one.  It pains me to say that but I believe it to be true.

  Who ever said that stating the obvious made you popular?  I'm prepared to be disagreed with on a large scale, but the evidence backing me up is all around you and you know it.

  Regards,

  Mike.